Hajj
Friday, December 05, 2008
My in-laws have safely reached Jeddah yesterday and I think they should have reached the holy land by today.
It was a solemn day, last Wednesday, when all of us, sent them off.
My dad, ayah, was approached by bapak to do a proper sent off from home. And when ayah azan, I could see that most were crying while others were close to tears. Even Love. And that was the second time, since I know him, that I saw him cried.It was emotional for me too especially to see mak in tears. I also had a sudden realisation that with them away, I'll be taking over mak's duties at their home. I really do not know how good I am but I know that I can push myself to do better.
After the 20-minute car ride, we finally reached the airport.The departure hall was crowded with relatives of the other pilgrims. We waited anxiously for about an hour or so before bapak and mak could finally checked in. While waiting, many of us hugged mak and bapak. I had my turn too. I cried as I asked mak to doa for me.
After their departure and sending the relatives from JB back, Love commented that I didnt look sad. I knew I wasn't sad. I am happy for them, for what they have wished for, which is to go haj once Love got married (since he was the last to get married), came true. I was told that they went to confirm their booking for this year's haj the following day after our wedding.And of course, I know that mak and bapak wouldn't want us to sit around and be sad when they are gone.
The best thing for us to do all along while they are gone is to pray for their safety up until they come home and that their haj will be accepted by Allah. Amin.
It was a solemn day, last Wednesday, when all of us, sent them off.
My dad, ayah, was approached by bapak to do a proper sent off from home. And when ayah azan, I could see that most were crying while others were close to tears. Even Love. And that was the second time, since I know him, that I saw him cried.It was emotional for me too especially to see mak in tears. I also had a sudden realisation that with them away, I'll be taking over mak's duties at their home. I really do not know how good I am but I know that I can push myself to do better.
After the 20-minute car ride, we finally reached the airport.The departure hall was crowded with relatives of the other pilgrims. We waited anxiously for about an hour or so before bapak and mak could finally checked in. While waiting, many of us hugged mak and bapak. I had my turn too. I cried as I asked mak to doa for me.
After their departure and sending the relatives from JB back, Love commented that I didnt look sad. I knew I wasn't sad. I am happy for them, for what they have wished for, which is to go haj once Love got married (since he was the last to get married), came true. I was told that they went to confirm their booking for this year's haj the following day after our wedding.And of course, I know that mak and bapak wouldn't want us to sit around and be sad when they are gone.
The best thing for us to do all along while they are gone is to pray for their safety up until they come home and that their haj will be accepted by Allah. Amin.

PS: Mak's pic with izzul kinda made me a lil emotional compared to the pic of bapak. Most probably because it is also a picture of me. bah.
