:)
Friday, April 11, 2008
A few days ago was my first wedding month-iversary and I spent it at his home as lovely mak cooked my favourite western dish to celebrate this simple occasion. We then watched a part of our wedding video and mak cried all the way. She definitely made me want to cry too.
So, it was just a month ago that we tied the knot, sat on the pelamin like king and queen, smiling non-stop for the video and camera. Many things have I learnt since those days, and of course, there are much more to learn from throughout this journey of ours.
Living together.
There are its perks. We get to see each other every single day. Spend quality time doing most things together. haha.
And surprisingly, we spent most of our time at home after work. Eat good food both our moms cooked. We are that lucky, I know.
Its a totally new feeling; to have him in my life. Initially i thought having him around, there must be a distraction somehow, but I was wrong. No wonder my married colleagues told me that they are more productive once they are married. :)
Amazingly, I have never feel bonded to someone as I feel like with him. I feel like we are knowing each other inside out every single day through the things we went through. And all these feelings and moments, are so wonderful. The power of marriage huh? subhanallah.
But of course there are some realisations here and there.Things to work out on and to think about. So its kind of like some nonsense to know other unmarried couples expressed their feelings on how well they know their other half. hmmm.
Anyway, we really need to plan out our time properly. I realised that we are so busy weekdays that we pushed everything to weekend. So weekend will always be filled with grocery shopping, kenduri/jemputan, outing with his/my family, soccer, gyming and rushing to finish up my schoolwork. sheesh. I dont think we have enough time for everything.
Oh btw, even after more than a month of marriage, I really need to drill the word "mak" and "bapak" in my head, and get comfortable with his sister "salam-ing" me. I am that lousy. tsk.
And before i forget, to dear Beloved, my hubby... your presence in my life makes everything worth it.. Thank you for being my husband, someone I can love and share every moment of my life with. May Allah bless our marriage, insya allah. Happy one month! :)
So, it was just a month ago that we tied the knot, sat on the pelamin like king and queen, smiling non-stop for the video and camera. Many things have I learnt since those days, and of course, there are much more to learn from throughout this journey of ours.
Living together.
There are its perks. We get to see each other every single day. Spend quality time doing most things together. haha.
And surprisingly, we spent most of our time at home after work. Eat good food both our moms cooked. We are that lucky, I know.
Its a totally new feeling; to have him in my life. Initially i thought having him around, there must be a distraction somehow, but I was wrong. No wonder my married colleagues told me that they are more productive once they are married. :)
Amazingly, I have never feel bonded to someone as I feel like with him. I feel like we are knowing each other inside out every single day through the things we went through. And all these feelings and moments, are so wonderful. The power of marriage huh? subhanallah.
But of course there are some realisations here and there.Things to work out on and to think about. So its kind of like some nonsense to know other unmarried couples expressed their feelings on how well they know their other half. hmmm.
Anyway, we really need to plan out our time properly. I realised that we are so busy weekdays that we pushed everything to weekend. So weekend will always be filled with grocery shopping, kenduri/jemputan, outing with his/my family, soccer, gyming and rushing to finish up my schoolwork. sheesh. I dont think we have enough time for everything.
Oh btw, even after more than a month of marriage, I really need to drill the word "mak" and "bapak" in my head, and get comfortable with his sister "salam-ing" me. I am that lousy. tsk.
And before i forget, to dear Beloved, my hubby... your presence in my life makes everything worth it.. Thank you for being my husband, someone I can love and share every moment of my life with. May Allah bless our marriage, insya allah. Happy one month! :)

