10 days ago
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
The morning of that Saturday, I was feeling groggy. Couldnt sleep til 3am. And was forced by parents to wake up as early as 8.30. Thank god I was given the "permission" to take a nap while waiting for the mak andam , who came at 12pm. Most of my female relatives told me that 12pm is late since mak andams usually come around 10.30 or 11. While waiting for her, Ain came up to accompany me. Get to talk and camwhored for a while. She looked sweet in pink. All her tailored made baju for my event are simply gorgeous.
12.10 pm, the mak andam came. Took air sembahyang and sat obediently for the next hour, being made up by her. She was quick and orderly. Quite surprising for a 53 year old lady. By 1.30, i was ready for some posing session with the already-married-with-one-kid cameraman. I know most of my female friends find him adorable and cute. Okayyy. :P
Beloved came at exactly 2pm ,but was caught in a mini-jam near the entrance of the carpark. In the end, the rombongan was 10 minutes late. I was flustered, as usual. Tried my best not to show my worries. When he came, my dad called me to sit next to my beloved. That was weird. But knowing my dad, i knew he has his reasons for doing so. The solemnisation ceremony went on smoothly. Alhamdulillah. He lafaz them once despite the ringings of phones around us.
After the signing of the papers, we went straight to the bridal room. We lafaz the doa we have learnt from the marriage preparation course. He touched my forehead with the back of his left hand while reciting the doa. His hand felt steady. That calm my nerves. We then proceed with the so called "batalkan-air-sembahyang". It was a poignant moment for me. I was in tears at that moment. Nobody really saw it, cause they kept telling me to smile all the time. haha.
We took a couple of shots in the room before going over to his place. His ceremony was held at Lagun Sari, Bukit Timah. Love the place. Big and air conditioned. *smile* The decor colour was coincidentally, the same as mine. We were accompanied by the "budak2 kompang" from the entrance all the way to the restaurant. Everything went smoothly over there too. By 4pm, I was close to getting cramps on my face. I ended doing intense sucking of the cheeks everytime before I was told to smile for the camera. haha. 4.30pm, we had our pengantin lunch before changing to the second outfit, which is the dinner outfit.
The Saturday ceremony ended at 8pm. And we headed back to my house to change first. I spent the night, chatting with my relatives and Hadi's friends who cameover to lepak at the void deck. By 11.30pm, was shooed by ibu to go upstairs and sleep. As usual, I couldnt sleep up til 1am. I got my sis to massage my head until i fell asleep. :P
The following day, the very Sunday, 9th of March..
Was woken up early again by my mother. This time round, it was at 8am. Arghh.
Had my bath early and laze around the house. Ain came earlier on Sunday. We chatted again til the Mak Andam came. I remembered that i kept telling Ain how tired I was. haha.
1.40pm, I was ushered to the void deck with my preety flower girl. I was happy to see my friends who were already there. Despite the downpour, they came down. And I am thankful of course. :) Spent the next 20 minutes taking photos with parents and family. I kept tearing everytime i hugged my parents. I know, i am that cengeng.
He came at 2pm, and the massive photo-taking session began. My relatives love to camwhore too, and karaoke, of course. tsk tsk. After them, was my friends and colleagues turn. The cramps came back again, but what the heck. That was the last day to shiok sendiri infront of everybody, so I gave my best. By 3.30 we finished our makan pengantin and went upstairs to change to the second outfit, which i think we looked like celebrities. *grinz*. Was happy to see the NUS click again. They stayed around longer to take photos with us in our second outfit. :)
Once we reached the pelamin, we proceed on with the cut-the-wedding cake session. And then, we continued with the photo taking session. The Sunday ceremony ended at exactly 5. We went upstairs to bathe and change.
Despite the so called face-cramps and the built up tension and anxiety which resulted in me having lack of sleep, I enjoyed myself thoroughly for two straight days. There were of course some glitches, from timing to withered flowers where Hadi had to rush down to the flower shop at 8 in the morning to pick flowers for my second-day bouquet. But somehow things turned out well. Alhamdulillah. :) I love the decor( was told it was the first greek-like theme for that company), i love my second day bouquet, i love my bridal room decor, not forgetting the gubahans and my wedding outfits. My wedding was perfect. *huge huge smile*
I really have to thank those who came down, especially Ain and the NUS tudung babes who came down on both days. Heard that four of you kena halau keluar from the lift by my hubby eh? haha.. sorry lahhh.. dia dah lambat for nikah. :P
And those who gave me gifts ; lovely cards, photo frames, wedding albums, coffee maker , lingeries and sex-board games. I really love the gifts! :) Thank you once again.
Last but not least, to Ain again, I can never forget that very moment, both of us alone, in my room, we hugged and cried together. We don't need to say much eh? haha. Thank you for being there for me. And im glad you clicked with the NUS tudung babes too. haha. Told you they kick-ass! Now you know. heh.
