<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9604887?origin\x3dhttp://lifeofanangel.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
lifeofanangel.blogspot.com
Welcome


A space created by her to pen down her thoughts, feelings and moments for her memories.

Education executives?
Friday, January 25, 2008

Had two unforgettable experiences on one day.


First was the meet-the-parents session in the morning.


Omg.


Parents nowadays are way different from my time then. I had a conversation with this parent for up to 45 min, when each was only given up to 5 minutes, due to time constraint. And the gist of the conversation is on the approaches teachers use in teaching the 4 core subjects. Unbelievable. I should have given him the NIE application form instead of school's feedback form.


You know what? he should have just home-schooled his kid. Period.


Dont these parents know that the reason they are not teachers is because they cant do what we can do well?


Secondly, i had to settle my very first incident report for my form class. Alhamdulillah the case wasnt as bad as i thought it was. And the parents whom i spoke to, were supportive with the actions taken. I was shocked at first as i thought parents would be defensive of their own children. I was judgemental, i know.


Just the other day, while lunching with my colleagues, one of them broke down out of a sudden. I was beside her and the first thing i did was to give her my packet of tissues and a hug. Everybody stared at me and the colleague who broke down started to laugh. I got to know later, she was under stress which has been accumulating for weeks now.


And one of them asked me why i did that (the hug). And i simply said, " To hell with professionalism. Everybody needs a hug once in a while right. "
heh.


Oh, my honeymoon is semi set. wheee.
Booked the flight already, and now waiting for email from this Resort & Spa.
yeay.
*huge huge smile*

writtern @10:55 PM